Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 1 - Very first video game

Hmmm. Could this be the very first video game I played or the very first game I owned?  The very first game I played was I think on a Binatone system with three built in games, football, tennis and squash. None of the games actually resembled the games they were meant to represent but it was quite good fun, and pretty easy to play for a 4 year old. I'm not quite sure if I owned it, it was just there.  I think it was my dad's toy. 




The very first game I owned would have been one of the games that came in my ZX Spectrum +. bundle. I could be wrong, but I think it would have been Horace goes Skiing. This 16k masterpiece was a cross between Frogger and a downhill skiing game. Looking back the game wasn't the greatest, but I remember spending hours on it none the less. According to the back of the tape box, the Horace series pioneers the idea of interactive cartoons. In this day of HD remakes, I wonder if Horace goes Skiing could ever make a comeback! (not likely.....)


No comments:

Post a Comment